Salary: Negotiable per annum.
Summary: The purpose of this position is to perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, high pressure machines and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of such equipment as super critical fluids systems.
A degree from an accredited university.
5 years’ experience in:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports;
- Conferring with COO, engineers, engineering techs, sales, and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information;
- Recommending design modifications to eliminate machine or system functions;
- Specifying system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications;
- Conducting research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components, and systems;
- Maintaining proficient knowledge in the science of mechanical design and fluid mechanics, especially as it pertains to super critical fluids systems, including knowledge in material compatibility, and machine design skills;
- Researching, designing, evaluating, installing, operating and maintaining mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles;
- Foreseeing/recognizing and/or analysing problem situations develop and implement solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the Internet and how to use it is required;
- Ability to design cabinetry for small instruments and process system frames for housing components is required;
- Ability to perform assembly, test, troubleshooting, and documentation of process systems is required;
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical devices such as valves, pumps, etc. and their application is required;
- Familiarity with plumbing of high pressure tubing, fittings, valves, pumps, and associated components, to include assembly skills is highly desired;
- Ability to effectively contribute to the design and sizing of process systems and their components regarding flow rate, pressure, and temperature, and process type requirements is highly desired;
- Familiarity with fluid flow and compressed gasses as used in process systems is desired;
- Familiarity with pressure vessel design and application is desired;
- Must have a hands-on mentality;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and professional demeanour;
- Ability to function in a team environment;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions received in multiple forms;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Should you meet these requirements please apply directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.murason.co.za for more high-level opportunities. Please insert the job title in the subject line for your application. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles/positions. You are also encouraged to contact us to discuss other stimulating career opportunities in our niche areas. For more information contact Murason Professional Services on (011) 465 8423.